Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Down the Hillside

In my humanities class we just finished reading Don Quixote and somethings about him really struck true with me. 

Something about taking what you are dissatisfied with in your life and completely chucking it out.

 That everything you have read in books and have daydreamed can be more real to you than your day to day existence.

That even though others may call you mad, you can just running with your fantasies.

Of course this is not advisable if you have aspirations to take over the world or do some mass murdering.  The rest of humanity though,  should do it more often. Of course if I took what I read in books and ran with it I would be a space explorer which isn't possible to even pretend to do. Though maybe I can build a cardboard rocket in my backyard. 

No comments: